Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Things I’ve Lost: Prelude

Yessir, I’ve spent most of my adult life on the road. Seven years as a roving consultant equals hundreds of thousands of flight miles (100k+ in five of those years) and hundreds of hotel nights (more than 240 in 2005). Combine that with a tendency to lose things, and you can imagine travel has not always been a good thing when it comes to my personal property…

Around the apartment, as Normal Girl can attest, I’m always misplacing things. “Where are my keys?” I ask, even though we put a hook by the door for them just to avoid this problem. If only I could remember to use it!

A few weeks ago, I flipped the place upside down searching for a recent paycheck, only to find it inside my wallet, where it was supposed to be.

At home, things usually turn up eventually. My keys aren’t really lost; somehow I managed to put them on the top shelf of the refrigerator (true story). The luxury of oh-it’ll-turn-up isn’t there in the San Juan Sheraton or American Airlines Flight 1425.

I thought it would be fun to spend the next few postings reviewing the laundry list of things I’ve lost on planes, in rental cars, and in hotel rooms through the years. Please everyone, I welcome you to chuckle at my pain and suffering, all of which is, ultimately, my own damn fault.

Because I’m trying to be all organized in the new year, I am attempting a very risky experiment here -- setting a schedule of forthcoming postings:
11-Jan-2007: Airplanes
13-Jan-2007: Whoops… Look What I Found!
15-Jan-2007: Taxicabs and Rental Cars
17-Jan-2007: Hotel Rooms

And then we’ll move on to our preparations for VEGAS! Oh, have I failed to mention that we’re going to Vegas at the end of the month? It’s going to be legendary.

Until tomorrow,
- Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home